The student understands the interplay between the economy and the environment. The student is able to apply economic policy instruments and is familiar with the means and influence mechanisms of economic instruments. The course-specific learning objectives are as follows:
ECONOMIC INSTRUMENTS 3 cr
- The student is familiar with the markets of environmental commodities and especially the mechanisms of emissions trading.
- The student is aware of the impacts on the environment of economic growth in developing countries.
- The student masters the fiscal means of promoting sustainable development both nationally and internationally.
ENVIROMENTAL AND NATURAL RECOURSE VALUATIONS 2 cr
- The student masters the principles of environmental accounts systems as well as the estimation and evaluation methods of environmental nuisances and assets.
- The student knows how to apply environmentally related economic instruments.
- The student is familiar with financial systems of environmental subsidies and the significance of these systems in promoting sustainable development.