The student has a good command of methods used by different professionals in multi-professional working environments as well as technical vocabulary and knows how to apply these in professional situations. The course-specific learning objectives are as follows:
INTRODUCTION TO ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION TECHNOLOGY 2 cr.
-The student masters the possibilities and means of environmental conservation techniques to prevent environmental degradation caused by emissions and is familiar with methods of solving environmental problems in a sustainable manner.
WATER QUALITY MANAGEMENT 2cr.
- The student has a good command of quality problems in water systems and their causes and consequences. The student knows how to interpret research results on the state of water systems, as well as to apply research results and solve problematic situations according to principles of sustainable development.
AIR PROTECTION 2cr.
- The student is familiar with the problem field related to air pollution control issues and masters the research and methodical foundations of these issues.
SOIL PROTECTION 2cr.
- The student masters the foundation of the health and environmental effects of degraded soil and the foundations and means of solution of soil remediation from an authorities point of view, adhering to sustainable development principles.
WASTE MANAGEMENT 3cr.
- The student knows how to evaluate the significance and cost-effectiveness of techniques of waste management in promoting sustainable development.
- The student has a good grasp of the present situation of waste management in Finland as well as future strategies on a national level, and knows the basic principles, legislation and field of operation in waste management planning.
- The student masters the main aspects of legislation concerning wastewater treatment at sparsely populated areas, is familiar with the technical implementation possibilities of wastewater treatment and understands their operating mechanisms.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT 2cr.
- The student is familiar with the special features of property management from the point of view of the life span of buildings and sustainable development.