The student acquaints him/herself with scientific research methods of environmental phenomena and can apply these methods to environmental issues. The course-specific learning objectives are as follows:
CHEMICAL RESEARCH SKILLS 3 cr.
- The student masters the basics of environmentally related chemical research methods and the use of related equipment.
PHYSICAL RESEARCH SKILLS 2 cr.
- The student masters the basics of environmentally related physical research methods and the use of related equipment.
BIOLOGICAL FIELD RESEARCH 3 cr
- The student masters the basics of biological and geographical field research methods used in environmental research.
- The student masters the basics of planning a nature survey and research and the theoretical basic information related to making a nature survey.
- The student masters the methods related to water systems and bottom sediment research.
- The student knows how to utilize GPS-positioning in nature surveys and research and knows its role as part of the geographical information data.
MATERIAL CIRCULATION AND ITS IMPACT ON THE ENVIRONMENT 2 cr
- The student understands the origins, reactions, transportation, effects and degradation of the substances found in water, soil and air.