The student masters the foundations of economical thinking and models on the levels of individual companies, national and international economy and learns how to take the economics point of view into account as a central factor in striving towards sustainable development. The course-specific learning objectives are as follows:
BASICS OF NATIONAL ECONOMY 3 cr.
- The student masters the basic concepts of economics and the central theories outlined according to the structure of economics theory.
- The student is able to make use of basic knowledge of economics in comprehending the workings of economic problems and economic policy.
INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS 3 op (course is a part of language studies)
- The student learns the foundations of international economy, main traditional and modern theories of international trade, and forms of trade policy.
- He/she understands various kinds of protective measures (trade restrictions), and strategic trade policy.
- He/she becomes acquainted with main international economic and monetary organisations, global economic integration, as well as the regional monetary integration in Europe.
BASICS OF BUSINESS AND MARKETING 3cr.
- The student understands the meaning of internal and external entrepreneurship in society and is able to evaluate the prerequisites for economic activity.
- The student is able to recognize the working principles of the control systems of modern day business activity.
- The student has a good command of the basic concepts of marketing, as well as the competitive means and the operational environment of marketing.